Saturday, October 26, 2013

Empties

Here are some products that I have recently emptied:


Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara in Black: love this! Its brush is dense and really thickens my lashes. I also love the formula! I have to say it's one of the few mascaras I feel is the same consistency from when I first open it until it's shot.

Olay CC Cream in Fair to Light: this particular bottle was given to me by Caitlyn's Corner in Februray for my birthday and I just used it up yesterday. Granted I didn't use it everyday, but just about. The first time I used it I was in shock. My skin looked air brushed! I use this over moisturizer and under my bareMinerals. It really does create a flawless face look. It also doesn't take a lot to get good coverage nf my face and neck. I would say it's a more expensive drug store item, but it lasts a long time because a little goes a long way. I have already repurchased this!

bareMinerals i.d. bareVitamins skin rev-er upper: this product was in my bareMinerals Getting Started Kit that I bought probably 7 years ago (after drooling for years during their infomercials!) and I haven't gone a day without using it since! I don't know how to classify my skin because I live in such a dry place, but with that said I need a good moisturizer that also doesn't clog my pores. It can also get very hot here and is considered high elevation, so I appreciate the fact it doesn't feel greasy on my face. It's very light feeling but is effective as a moisturizer--a double win!

Matrix Biolage Fortifying Leave-In Treatment: this is a product my mom has used as long as I can remember and I adopted it as one of my daily-use products years ago. It has a gentle scent which I appreciate and feel goes with any shampoo/conditioner. A year or so ago I could not find it in any of the stores though, so I bought Aussie's Leave-In Conditioner as suggested by Caitlyn. I have since decided I prefer Aussie's scent and price so much more. Biolage is still a great product though!

Lady Speed Stick 24/7 Fresh Fusion Gel Deodorant: I love the scent!!!! And this product I got on a whim a few years ago converted me to gel formulas. I have been buying this for a long time and get heart palpitations whenever I can't find it in stores. It kind of comes and goes so when my stores get it back in stock I stock up!

Walmart's Original Clean Facial Cleansing Towelettes (moist): I don't use these daily, but they are nice to use to get waterproof eyeliner and coats of mascara off before washing my face at night (just to make sure it all comes off)! Love these!

Olay Regenerist Micro-Derm Cleansing Cloths: these are great to lather up and cleanse with at night. I'm amazed at how effectively they get coats of mascara and eyeliner off. I don't use these daily, but maybe once a week to exfoliate. They make my skin feel super soft! What's great about both these and the moist towelettes mentioned above is that they sell refill packages to put into the containers so you don't have to waste the containers every time you repurchase and you can even buy the knock-off brand's refills to save some money!

Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in Black/Brown: love this stuff! I picked it up once years ago while waiting in line to be checked out and I'm sure there was a sale of some sort. I love the creaminess of this eyeliner. I can really work with it to get exactly what I want without feeling like there's a time limit. They have a wide variety of colors and I have since purchased this in black and navy. The only issue is getting it to stay in the waterline on the lower lid. I love how it stays on the upper lid so I've been using waterproof on the lower waterline.

Cover Girl Eyelash Curler: another thing I've been buying for years! I'm kind of weird and feel it necessary to have pre- and post-mascara eyelash curlers. (Yes, I curl my eyelashes before and after mascara!) I also heat my eyelash curlers with my blow dryer before curling. This makes a huge difference! Try it! I realize this isn't "empty" but it has gotten quite worn over the years and all of the extra pads I have don't fit it, and I figured it should be replaced periodically anyways.

And that's it! Thanks for reading! Comment below if you have used any of these products and what your experiences have been with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment