Saturday, January 11, 2014

Perfect Palette Tag

I saw this tag a while back on Beauty Broadcast and have been wanting to do it ever since. I am a huge palette lover because you get more bang for your buck with palettes and you get to try so many different shades as well. This post was hard! I think ideally there is only one palette per topic, but so many were tied. So here’s my list:
1. Best Packaging: Define best haha! For cute packaging I have chosen the Too Faced Sweet Dreams palette. For practical packaging I have chosen the Urban Decay Smoked palette. That packaging is pretty dang durable!

2. Best Color Payoff: LORAC PRO palette & Urban Decay Smoked palette. Both palettes offer saturated color with unique pigmentation.

3. Most Versatile: Too Faced Sweet Indulgences & original NAKED palette. There are so many different looks that can be created from each of these palettes. A day look can easily be turned into a night look. I love that!

4. Best for Traveling: Balm Jovi by the Balm because it is so compact AND has lip and cheek products as well. Also, any small palette like the LORAC PRO and Unzipped palettes are great because with them every day, as well as more-bold, looks can be created. Plus, they are so thin that they can be put in any nook or cranny of your suitcase if need be!

5. Biggest Regret: Sephora Collection Colorful Palettes in Pin Up Show 13 and Eternally Purple 04. I believe I paid the full $24 for each of these and I have not used the Pin Up Show palette a single time. The colors on that palette are impractical and it’s absolutely ridiculous that I bought it in the first place. Upon review, it does have a beautiful burgundy that would have been a great fall color. The Eternally Purple palette makes a little more sense because purple is my favorite color and I wear it quite frequently. However, I don’t know that I’ve used that palette more than three times…if that! I think I mostly haven’t utilized them enough is because they are out of sight and out of mind.

6. Best Color Names: Any Too Faced palette! They all have adorable names. It makes me want to name shadows for a living, although I would never come up with half of the creative names they do.

7. Least Used: Sephora palettes & Urban Decay Smoked palette. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Smoked palette! I think it’s just gotten passed over with all of the palettes I’ve since purchased. I guess you could call it the middle child. I’ll try and use it this week and post some LOTDs from it.

8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island: NAKED & NAKED 2 palettes. I can create a number of looks from these two together or separate. Love, love, love them!

I appreciate this tag because I was able to reevaluate some purchases and I will definitely be making a more conscious effort to use the palettes that I have neglected in the past. If you are reading this, you are officially tagged. Leave a comment with your answers/ a link to your blog or YouTube channel. I’m curious to see/read which palettes fall under the above categories for you! Have a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment