Thursday, January 9, 2014

FOTD: the Balm

Yesterday I got ready at 2pm...Don't judge me haha! Because of that I went for a quick, simple look. I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion all over my eyelids, then the Balm's Blink 1982 on my lids and up into my crease slightly. I then used Presto in my crease and then Adagio as a highlight. I finished my eye look by using Ulta's Automatic Eyeliner in Black/Brown and only used a coat of Sephora's Full Action mascara. For my face I used a sample of bareMinerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation in Medium Beige over my Olay CC cream. I used the sample instead of my loose bareMinerals foundation. I then used my be a bombshell The One Stick in Sunset on my cheeks. I used it like I would my Maybelline Bouncy Blush. I dabbed it directly onto my cheeks and then used an e.l.f. small stipple brush to smooth it out. I would usually apply a blush on top of the cream blush to make it last longer, but I wanted to see how I liked the color on its own. Lastly, I lightly dusted my face with Tarte's bronzer in Park Avenue Princess.

Here's the result:




I catch myself quite frequently using the same face products. Two days ago I went through my basket of samples and new products. I set out some things that I wanted to use and weed out, so yesterday once I finally got ready for the day I got a chance to use them. I actually really liked The One Stick in Sunset. It was a different enough color without being too outrageous. I will definitely be using it more. I am not sold on the packed bareMinerals foundation powder though. I feel that I used far more than I would have normally, and it left my skin dry. The loose foundation is easier to manipulate on my face, so I won't be making the switch on that. However, I could see how it would be nice to have a compact in my purse for touch-ups whereas now I just leave my foundation powder at home. The Balm shadows are super light and a little goes a long way. I had difficulty blending them, and you can see I wasn't completely effective in doing so. I think I will have to try them with different primers to obtain a more optimal look with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment