Monday, July 28, 2014

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask

Ever feel like your skin is too dry to exfoliate but looks dull or your pores feel clogged? This happens to me in the summer when I've been using sunscreens, aloe vera, been in chlorine, have been sweating more, etc. I'm going to tell you what I like to do for that! First, I remove my eye makeup using a moist towelette or an eye makeup remover and cotton swab. Then I use:


It's perfect for summer as it has a cool, tingly quality that won't irritate your skin (that might be recovering from excessive sun exposure) like an exfoliant. All you have to do is spread the product on your face and allow it to dry. After it's dry it becomes taught, less green, more white and kind of crusty. I like the water from my sink to warm up just a bit and then I cup some in my hand and gently moisten the dry mask to dissolve it. After I get most of it off, I like to use a daily facial towelette and gently exfoliate to make sure I get all of the mask off and whatever eye makeup may be remaining. I usually do this at night so I have one more face washing before I put on makeup or go out with patches of forgotten mask. After washing, I pat my face dry with a wash cloth and then apply a light moisturizer. My skin is left radiant and refreshed! What are your skin care tips for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment