Sunday, May 18, 2014

LOTD: Graduation

For Graduation this past weekend I needed the best products that would last throughout all the festivities and would photograph well. For my face, I used Urban Decay's NAKED Skin liquid foundation on my face and neck. I then applied bareMinerals foundation over that for longevity. Then I used my Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting with elf's blush in Berry Merry over that. I then used the same angled brush to apply Too Faced's Chocolate Soleil Bronzer below my blush as a contour. I also applied the Bronzer on my neck. Something that also made a difference was filling in my eyebrows. I have noticed doing this helps to make things more symmetrical and photographs nicely. When I say 'photographs nicely' I'm really saying that the viewer's eyes aren't drawn to an obvious imperfection, which takes away from their overall impression. I used MAC's eyebrow pencil in Lingering. For my eyes, I used simple colors since I was going to have bold red on. I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion (of course!) because the last thing I needed was for my shadows to crease. I then pat Urban Decay's Side Car on my lid and then Sin for a long-lasting highlight from just above my crease up to my brows and in the tear duct area. I didn't want to go crazy, so I used Blackout in the outer one-third of my lid and blended it out pretty well. I only took it into my crease slightly and then blended Nooner above it so the transition into Sin was more smooth. I knew I wouldn't be near a mirror and would be taking lots of photos after the ceremony, so I didn't want to risk having eyeliner settling below my lashes, mascara flaking, or lipstick fading. The star performers were: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liner in Black in my lower water line, Blinc Mascara Amplified in Black, and Bite Beauty Luminous Créme Lipstick in Pomegranate. I was nervous enough about tripping on the stage with cameras rolling that I did not need to worry about how I looked while gingerly walking across the stage! These products made that possible! Just take a look!



My beauty school-attending sister recently cut 6" off my hair so I needed a new curling routine. I went with a smaller barrel curling iron to last longer and because it's so much shorter now. I put Big Sexy Hair Mousse and spray in my hair when it was partially dry and then sprayed each section as I finished curling it. The curl lasted well over 24 hours, so again I was able to focus on being excited about my accomplishment instead of "How do I look?!" I was able to just throw my cap on and it stayed well, but I had bobbie pins ready just in case. Also, no one loves cap hair! So, I suggest bringing a clip or something to put in your hair if you plan on going out to eat and taking your cap off. I part my hair to the left of middle, and would normally have a very full right side of curly hair, but after wearing the cap for even just a couple of hours, it flattened the hair down to something less desirable. If you have a clip, you can get the flattened hair out of your face and even pouf the hair up a little before clipping it. I see nothing wrong in wearing the regalia all day though! Haha

I hope this helped! Most importantly, enjoy your day!! Thanks for reading, and congrats!!!

1 comment: